Sunday, January 11, 2009

This Blog Will Be Legen...wait for it...DARY!

It has been a while since I've posted, but I haven't thought of anything that could really follow up my last blog. It's hard to follow up a blog you feel so adamant about with something having little to no meaning. I refuse to do that.

This, however, has profound meaning to me and to everyone who has seen it or will see it.

BEHOLD!



I am a huge fan of Neil Patrick Harris and not because of those mediocre Harold and Kumar movies, but because of his awesome work on How I Met Your Mother and his constant good nature when poking fun of one of my favorite shows as a lad, Doogie Howser M.D. Of course, NPH starred in that television series and while most people are ashamed of their child star roots, Neil embraces it and uses it for its comedic gold.

Not only is NPH a part of the awesome sitcom How I Met Your Mother, but he has also taken part in one of the best Internet series I have seen in a good while, Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog. It was created by Joss Whedon, the man behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly, and co-stars Nathan Fillion. It is pure hilarity spread across three, well balanced acts that, though only 15 minutes long at most, feel epic and more fulfilling than some of the films Hollywood is shitting out nowadays.

Here's the first episode for your viewing pleasure (for some reason there's no embedded version...sorry):

http://www.hulu.com/watch/28327/dr-horribles-sing-along-blog-act-one

Aren't those songs fucking catchy?

I just think Neil Patrick Harris is a really funny guy who's not only charming, but down right awesome. He deserves the success he's receiving because he's just so talented. I hope I see him in more stuff in the future and that I'll get to work with him one day.

Until then, here's some of his best stuff from How I Met Your Mother:






2 comments:

  1. I freaking love NPH! SNL wasn't great, but he was hilarious and HIMYM is one of my faves. I'm high fiving you at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until you join the Hollywood elite, cast him, and we all hang out.

    It's going to be legen-wait for it and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the last part is-DARY!

    ReplyDelete